Symphonic Band

Symphonic Band

The Wartburg College Symphonic Band will perform its fall concert Saturday, Oct. 13, at 4 p.m., in Neumann Auditorium.

The band, under the direction of Scott Muntefering, will perform “In Flight” by Sam Hazo, the march “Wisconsin Forward Forever” by John Philip Sousa and “Kirkpatrick’s Muse” by Jay Bocook among others. The concert is free and open to the public.

Steve Tripolino, a 1977 Wartburg graduate, will serve as the announcer for the concert.

“When I was asked by Scott to consider this, I had mixed feelings about it, as I am much better at communicating with a trumpet in my hand than by speaking. Then I thought about the opportunity to ‘pay it forward’ and challenge the students to appreciate the efforts of this fine institution that has given so much to me personally,” Tripolino said. “As a student, I was allowed to be in sports as well as music. I have seen friendships blossom into a family and colleagues.

As a Wartburg teacher and coach, I again had the benefit of watching those young people become coaches and colleagues as well as pastors. Then both of our children found Wartburg as their home, both with strong ties to the music department. I look forward to this opportunity of sharing with family and friends once again.”

The Symphonic Band has 72 members representing several states.