Wartburg College Student Life Vision Statement
In support of the college’s mission, and in collaboration with others, the Student Life Staff aspires to be collaborative leaders that empower students to claim their callings.
Statement of Values
We seek to articulate values that guide our actions. Our values are aspirational and practical. They reflect who we strive to become and how we lead each day. They communicate to others what to expect from us and they remind us of how to treat ourselves and others. Our values are:
- Grace – We will bring compassion, kindness, empathy and courage to our work.
- Advocacy – We seek to understand the student perspective, provide outlets for them to directly express themselves through student involvement, leadership and service, while utilizing our voices to work for what is best for students.
- Diversity and Inclusion – We strive to understand the lens through which we see the world so that we can better understand and learn from the diverse experiences of others. We value the diversity of our community and work to ensure we model respect and inclusivity.
- Collaboration – To achieve what is best for students, we cannot do it alone. As we work with others, we strive to bring passion, transparency, solutions, and when appropriate, joy and humor.
- Accountability and Equity – We work to model and uphold community standards that provide an environment that encourages learning, civility and equity.