The sociology major prepares students for a lifelong personal commitment to society and for a diverse range of careers in the public and private sectors or for graduate study. The sociology major is available through the Social Sciences Department. Social science courses offer experience in project-based course work and opportunities for original scholarly research, incorporating field trips and off-campus study throughout the United States and abroad.
Criminology/Criminal Justice Concentration
- Understand current challenges in the criminal justice system and the directions the it will take for the future.
- Design and execute original research, giving insight into a rapidly changing field.
- Engage in community service and service learning activities.
- Participate in field experiences relevant to the criminal justice system.
- Work and interact with a diverse group of people interested in, and of interest to the criminal justice system.
- Learn about the wide range of careers available in the criminal justice field.