- Groups need to select one group representative to submit the application and serve as the main contact between the suite, community partners, and the Student Life Office.
- Suites are responsible for filling all eight beds within the suite.
- If someone leaves the group, it is the responsibility of the group members to fill that space with someone else.
- Residential Life reserves the right to place any students into the open spaces within suites.
Note: If a group does not have eight members, the group will still be allowed to apply. However, priority in the selection process will go to full suites.
- Individual group members each spend 6-10 hours each month serving with a community partner.
- Individual group members will log their own hours through the online submission form.
- Individual group members will arrive to their volunteer location on time and will remain at their service location for their scheduled service hours.
- Individual group members will communicate with their community partner supervisor about when they can serve, if there are issues with their schedule, or if they need to make up hours during the month.
- Individual group members will communicate with the Director of Community Engagement if they are having issues getting enough hours from their community partner.
Note: The suite representative should take the lead on communication with the community partner.
Community Partner Supervisor
- Each group needs to have a community partner supervisor. This person is someone at the organization you are serving with that supervises your progress and will sign off on your volunteer hours.
- The community partner supervisor will be in close contact with the Director of Community Engagement to verify individual group members are serving the organization well and fulfilling their service hour requirements.
Reflection Questions & Meetings
- Each group is responsible for sending, at least, one member of the group to mid-semester meetings with the Director of Community Engagement and the Director of Residential Life.
- Individual group members will be responsible for complete mid-semester evaluations, sent out at the time of the meetings.