The Information Center and The Juice are the preferred venues for singular announcements, calendar items, and other non-urgent information of interest to the campus community. News, events, internships and job announcements, and other campuswide notices can be submitted for inclusion in The Juice e-newsletter sent to faculty, staff and students.
The Juice is sent Monday (Thursday deadline at 4:30 p.m.). Most announcements will run twice, but will continue to be available in the Information Center. Send items to email@example.com. Direct questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending messages for events, seminars, or other similar programs are great candidates for inclusion in The Juice, rather than being sent as broadcast emails. Otherwise, departments should develop specific email lists of those who have demonstrated interest in such programs. Events can be posted on the college calendar and requests to add items on the homepage can be sent to email@example.com. To submit new events to the calendar, please visit www.wartburg.edu/post-event. Announcements can also be posted on department websites, social media, or, if newsworthy, can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for campus- and community-wide distribution.
Juice Email Policies
Deadline for each Monday edition is the previous Thursday at 4 p.m. Send an email to Juice@wartburg.edu with your item.
Please keep your submitted item short—no longer than one paragraph—and let us know if your item is for students, faculty/staff, or both audiences.
Our policy is NOT to include any off-campus items unless there is a direct connection to the college (meaning the college or a department or a campus organization is an official sponsor of an event).
Wartburg students, faculty and staff: Please note The Juice is an official communication of the college, and per your connection with the institution, you must allow your inbox to receive college communications at your college-provided email account. Those who unsubscribe will be charged a fee for restoring your email preferences.
Special Broadcast Email
Generally speaking, broadcast email is appropriate for messages that:
- relate to changes in campus policy or time sensitive issues.
- inform a select group of people (e.g. faculty, staff, students, etc.) of an announcement or event related to their specific role within the college.
Announcements not meeting these criteria of urgency and/or critical college information should seek other methods of relaying their information, such as:
The following checklist outlines criteria for sending a broadcast email:
- A broadcast message should be brief, self-explanatory, clear, and concise, and should only be used for important messages relevant to all recipients.
- Avoid sending attachments, which take up more disk space and degrade server performance. A link to a website (URL) or a document sharing solution is preferred. If it is necessary to send attachments, the total message size should be under 5 MB.
- Avoid sending frequent or repeated messages. Weekly, monthly, or quarterly electronic newsletters are preferred.
- Send collaborative messages with others at the college to avoid redundancy.
- Broadcast email should NOT be used for:
- Commercial advertising for merchants or service providers external to the college, except for notices of services and discounts arranged for members of the college community by the college.
- Solicitations for contributions, charities, or participation in personal activities not related to college purposes or not sponsored by the college.
- Solicitations for non-college businesses operated by faculty or staff.
- Surveys or solicitations to members of the community selected on demographic characteristics,such as to selected groups or individuals identified as candidates for research subjects.
- Targeted audiences that might appear discriminatory or may appear to be infringement on privacy.
- Offensive material.