Licensing Information

Wartburg College manages its brand, name, logo and images (which are trademarked) both for identity and financial reasons. Our licensing program helps us consistently apply our policy.

CLC Learfield

Licensing Program Partner
Wartburg College utilizes CLC as its primary licensing agent. They assist Wartburg with the following:

  • Facilitating the license application process,
  • Executing the licensing agreements 
  • Marketing the Wartburg College brand to potential manufacturers,
  • Monitoring the marketplace for unlicensed use of trademarks,
  • Collecting royalty payments, and
  • Conducting compliance review audits of licensed manufacturers.

Wartburg Academic Departments
Wartburg offices and departments may use Wartburg’s name, mascot and marks for:

  • Advertising for the office’s or department’s services,
  • Staff apparel
  • Equipment and supplies,
  • Merchandise,
  • Signage, and
  • Websites.

Wartburg Student Organizations
Only officially recognized student organizations may produce merchandise displaying both the student organization’s name/logo and the Wartburg College trademarks. All designs must be submitted and approved before production can begin. The Wartburg College marks may not be altered in any way and must adhere to the college visual standards.

How do I or my vendor get licensed? 
To produce products bearing the name or marks of Wartburg College, manufacturers and vendors must be licensed with CLC/Learfield. 

To begin the application process, go to If you have questions, please contact or by email or call 770.956.0520.

Who must be licensed?
Any individual, department, office, team, organization or company that wishes to use any or all of its trademarks/logos on products or for services distributed or sold in the marketplace, whether wholesale, retail, online given away as promotion. Other activities, such as some noncommercial use of trademarks/logos, may or may not need to be licensed.

Does all use of Wartburg College’s name or images on products have to be submitted for approval?
Yes. All art designs must be submitted for approval. All licensed vendors receive a username and password for the system upon licensure. A list of licensees can be viewed below or obtained by contacting ONE CLC. To set up a new license, product, or distribution contact

How much does it cost to become licensed?
Please contact the CLC/Learfield representative above for current licensing prices.

What is the difference between the Standard License and the Restricted License?
The Standard License is used by companies that desire to produce licensed products for resale to the general public.
The Restricted License is used by companies that desire to only produce licensed products for internal consumption by Wartburg College. No products produced under this license agreement may be sold to the general public.

If the product is not going to be resold, does it have to be produced by a licensed vendor?
Yes. All items bearing Wartburg College marks must be produced by a licensed vendor whether they are for resale or not.

What does Wartburg College do if unlicensed merchandise is discovered in the marketplace?
Merchandise produced without authorization may be considered counterfeit or infringing and subject to all available legal remedies.

How do I know if a product is officially licensed?
Look for the label below on the product.

CLC Label