Hello to my fellow Wartburg alumni and friends of the college! 

For those of you who I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting, my name is Ellen Engh ’08, and I am the new director of alumni and parent engagement. During my time at Wartburg, I found my calling in life, was developed into a leader, and was inspired by my peers, advisers, and professors. Many of my college friends would tell you I “bleed orange” and that spreading the good news of Wartburg College was something I continued to do after graduating. I feel so blessed to be able to come home to Wartburg and engage with students and connect with alumni and families in this role.  

After graduating, I attended Western Illinois University and earned my Master of Science in college student personnel. From there, my professional career has taken me around the Midwest, where I worked in residence life for five years, and for the past six years I served as the assistant director of student engagement at the University of Central Oklahoma. I advised homecoming celebrations and the Dance Marathon organization and oversaw leadership development in the office. I also volunteer with the National Association for Campus Activities (NACA), where I currently am serving on the live events action group. Moving back to Iowa and being able to work at Wartburg is a dream come true, as it merges many of my passions.

Building connections and fostering relationships are a couple of my strengths and key areas I am looking forward to growing as I start this new journey. I cannot wait to welcome you back to campus for Homecoming & Family Weekend, an athletic event, music or theater event, or a visit because you are close to campus. I love meeting new people and want to get to know you and how we can connect. If you are able to join us on campus, I will be here with a smile. If you can’t make it back, I am just a phone call or email away to listen and hear about your experiences. No matter the type of engagement you are looking for, we are here to assist you as we are stronger together. I want to be a resource for all alumni and family members, find the best ways possible to celebrate the great things you are doing, and use our network to spread the story of why Wartburg is Worth It.

I am looking forward to exploring the new, exciting aspects of Wartburg and Waverly while finding connections in the community. 

Ellen Engh walks on campus with Old Main in the background