CAP+ is designed to help American ethnic first-year students with the transition to college. This year, 32 first-year students and 15 mentors are participating. As a participant you have the opportunity to:
- Connect with an upperclass mentor on a weekly basis to help you transition to college and meet your goals.
- Earn up to $400 toward textbooks.
- Expand your support system with your CAP+ coordinator, mentor, and fellow first-year participants.
- Explore topics including time management, college transitions, campus resources, getting involved, managing money, goal setting, and more.
- Utilize online tools to guide you on your path to success.
- Nurture your interests through campus and community events.
- Participate in CAP+ social gatherings and events.
CAP+ is a grant-funded program in its first year. For more information, contact Anne Funkeat firstname.lastname@example.org or the Pathways Center at 319-352-8615.