If you have reliable resources you feel would be beneficial please contact email@example.com.
- Wartburg College Sustainability Plan
- Wartburg's Research in Sustainability
- Wartburg College Course Offerings in Sustainability
- Wartburg Academic Departments Educating in Sustainability
Get Connected and Involved:
- Wartburg Sustainability on Facebook
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Upper Midwest Association for Campus Sustainability
- Rainforest Alliance on Campus
- Environmental Studies Minor
- Peace and Justice Major/Minor
- Sustainability Forum Summary (PDF)
- Sustainable Event Planning Guide (PDF)
- Spring 2013 SEEDS Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2012 SEEDS Newsletter (PDF)
- Winter 2012 SEEDS Newsletter (PDF)
- Fall 2011 SEEDS Newsletter (PDF)
- US Department of Labor guide to products made of slave and child labor
A great guide for making social justice guided purchasing decisions.
The Environmental Working Group provides many tools packed with information sourced from federal agencies and studies which provide information on available products. The tools are user friendly and very helpful.
- Cosmetics Safety Database
- Sunscreen Safety Guide
- Shoppers Guide to Pesticides in Produce (also an app)
- Meat Eaters Guide to Climate Change
- And more
Recently, ABC World News developed a page to help us find products made in America. It is not all inclusive, but it is a good start.
- Buy Fresh, Buy Local
- Use this guide from ISU Extension to help you start on your own garden. http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/PM819.pdf
- Starting Garden Transplants At Home
Have you ever considered installing a rain garden to assist with improving water quality in your community. Here is the Iowa guide to rain garden installations.
- The US Department of Energy provides this guide to LEDs
- Database for state renewable energy incentives
- Annual Energy Report