- About the Program
- Alumni Outcomes
- Courses and Requirements
- Field Education
- Student Activities
- Undergraduate Research
Social workers help people overcome problems and make their lives better. They might work with people who are homeless, sick, or having family problems. Or they might help students who are having trouble in school.
There are three main types of social work.
- Child, family, and school social work
- Medical and public health social work
- Mental health and substance abuse social work
Wartburg offers the following programs:
a major in social work
a police science program
a minor is social welfare
Personal Attention & Individualized Learning Experiences
- Social work is a growing and expanding major
- Class sizes are small, averaging between 15 and 25 students
- Classes facilitate group work and class discussion and provide students with hands-on practical learning experiences in and outside of the classroom.
Contact Us: 319-352-8472 or email Lynn.Peters@wartburg.edu