- Boxes will be located in: all student dorm lounges & outside of den in the student center. The drive will run from Sunday through Friday
Penny Drive for Professors
- Selected professors will have their names on a jar and throughout the week students can place coins in the jar of the professor they would like to see dressed up like St. Elizabeth. The money raised will go toward alleviating homelessness around the Cedar Valley.
Saturday, Nov. 14
St. Elizabeth’s Week Launch (Cardinal Commons)
- 6 to 8 pm
- Live music, food, and information about serving and St. Elizabeth Week!
Sunday, Nov. 15
St. Elizabeth Festival Worship Service
- 10:15-11:15 am
- Join us in the chapel as we begin the celebration of St. Elizabeth Week with our St. Elizabeth Chorale, Psalm 149, and a special message to begin the week.
Bread Night (Residence hall kitchens)
- 7:00 pm
- Come get free bread in your dorm’s kitchen and learn more about events during St. Elizabeth Week!
Food for Hoops (Levick Arena)
- Food drive held during home basketball game. Bring canned foods or nonperishable items to donate to the Northeast Iowa Food Bank when you come to watch the Knights play basketball.
Monday, Nov. 16
Stop n’ Serve (Student Center)
- 10:45- 1:15 pm
- Stop by and write cards for children in poverty. These will be sent to the NE Iowa Food Bank where they will be distributed to families that get supplies from them.
Tuesday, Nov. 17
Northeast Iowa Food Bank Backpack Pack (W Fieldhouse)
- 11:00-1:00 pm
- The NEIFB is partnering with Wartburg’s Volunteer Action Center for an afternoon of service. Stop by to fill bags of essential items that will be sent to northeastern Iowa families in need. Take as little as 15 minutes to an hour of your time to serve those who are in need.
Wednesday, Nov. 19
St. Elizabeth Chapel & Award Ceremony: 10:45 am
- Celebrate the week dedicated to service during this special chapel. Awards to be presented include the Pastor Larry Trachte Award for Service, St. Elizabeth Student Award for Service, and the Community Partner Award. St. Elizabeth chorale will be performing special music during this time.
St. Elizabeth Eucharist Service: 9:00 pm
- Celebrate with us during a special Eucharist Service!
Thursday, Nov. 20
Voices of the Issues Pane
- 11:30 am
- Hunger and homelessness is present in our own community. Come engage in dialogue with those who work closely with people experiencing these situations.
Orange Band Social Issue Awareness Initiative (During panel discussion)
- What issue will you take a stand for? Share your views and listen to the views of others through intentional conversations about things that really matter in our society today.
Blankets of Love (McCoy East)
- 5:00-7:00 pm
- Take a few minutes of your day to help make blankets for children at Bremwood.