The Supplemental Instruction Program offers regularly scheduled, out-of-class sessions in targeted academic courses. The sessions are open to all students enrolled in the course, and attendance is voluntary. Participants compare notes, discuss ideas, develop organizational tools, and predict test items. The sessions are led by students who have successfully completed the courses and taken special SI training. Sessions begin during the first week of the term and are offered at least once each week.
Classes with No SI Leader:
If you need assistance, contact your professor during his/her office hours. You may also wish to consider forming your own study group. If further assistance is needed, contact the Director of the Pathways Center at 352-8615.
Information for Students Attending SI Sessions:
- SI Sessions Schedule (PDF)
- Courses Supported by SI (PDF)
- Benefits of SI Sessions (PDF)
- Supplemental Instruction Leader Application Form (DOC)
Information for Faculty:
- How are courses selected to have SI support? (PDF)
- Roles of SI leader, faculty member and the SI supervisor? (PDF)
- SI leadership for credit (PDF)
Math Lab Information (PDF)