- All Wartburg College students, faculty and staff are able to hang posters, at the discretion of the
Marketing & Communications Office. If posters are produced by Marketing & Communications,
approval is implied. Student organizations will continue to bring posters to the Office of Campus
Programming for approval.
- Student organization posters must be approved by the Office of Student Life – each poster will be
submitted with a sheet stating what the event is, who is putting it on and the name, email and cell
phone of the person requesting permission (see attached). You should allow 2 business days for the
approval. You will be contacted when the poster is approved by the Director of Campus Programming.
It is strongly recommended you print one poster for approval and then bring in the rest for stamping.
- All posters must include the organization sponsoring the activity as well as the date, time, and location
of the activity.
- Wartburg College prohibits advertising that promotes the sale or irresponsible use of alcohol
(such as drink specials) and the sponsorship of alcoholic beverages.
- A maximum of 50 posters will be stamped for the entire campus.
- Signs CANNOT be posted on walls, windows or doors.
- Posting is limited to public bulletin boards, display cases, and other areas specifically designated by the
Office of Student Life or Marketing and Communications. Please note you are not allowed to post in the
Student Center bathrooms and need permission for the Residence Hall bathrooms.
- In the Student Center, Luther Hall, and Whitehouse Business Center there is no posting allowed except
on public bulletin boards. Posters placed on seats, benches or ledges will be removed.
- For posting in the residence halls, you must obtain approval from the Office of Student Life, noted by
the stamp and signature of the Director of Campus Programming or designee.
- Public bulletin boards are available for posting in academic buildings. Posting on department bulletin
boards, building doors, and faculty offices is not allowed.
- Banners – reservations can be made to hang large posters on the stairs to the Mensa. Please make
reservations with Jean Buckingham at firstname.lastname@example.org or x8286
- Organizations or departments that post information on campus bulletin boards are responsible for
removing postings in a reasonable time (two days) after the event, activity, or program has concluded.
- Off-campus organizations may be eligible to post with the permission from the Office of Marketing and
Communications or designee. No advertising for business promotion will be permitted.
Please note that student organizations that have applied for recognition, but have been denied, may
not be eligible for the privileges of the posting policy. This depends upon the circumstances for which
they were not recognized and is decided by the Director of Campus Programming or designee.
The Office of Student Life reserves the right to remove postings at any time or deny the hanging of
posters. Please note this document is subject to change.
Designated Locations for Poster Hanging:
Saemann Student Center
- Bulletin board inside of NW doors and strips in the NW hallway
- Bulletin board outside of the HUB
- Bulletin board in South entrance
- Bulletin board in West hallway
Whitehouse Business Center
- Bulletin board to the right of the Business Dept. Office
- Bulletin boards in skywalks on both the North and South side of WBC
- Bulletin Board at the east entrance
- Bulletin board next to the Admissions Office
- Bulletin board on third floor by lounge area
Fine Arts Center
- Bulletin board outside of the Music office
- Bulletin boards outside practice rooms
- Each floor in dominant traffic areas
McElroy Communications Art Center
- Bulletin board outside CAC office
Science Center/Becker Hall
- Bulletin boards on each floor
- Bulletin boards outside office on 3rd floor
- Near each main entrance/exit or lounge
Posting In Other Areas
- Table Tents: Contact Sheryl Tiedt x8303 to reserve 75 table tents in the Mensa, Den, & Konditorei.
Table tents need to be 4"x8". Table tents must also be submitted to the Director of Campus
Programming for approval of content and size (see above process for posters) and receive a stamp
from the Office of Student Life.
- Display Case reservations - two on the first level of the Student Center. Contact Jean Buckingham at
email@example.com or x8286 for details.
- Tables are available in the Student Center on the lower level. Contact the Jean Buckingham at
firstname.lastname@example.org or x8286 for reservations.
- Posting flyers, leaflets, or other advertising materials on the windshields of vehicles in college parking
lots is not permitted.
- Mailbox Stuffing:
- Organizations can provide flyers for mailbox stuffing at a flat fee of $20.
- Organizations will need to have their flyer approved by the Director of the Student Center
Kristen Wipperman at email@example.com or x8680, prior to stuffing.
- Organizations do not need to individually address each flyer, but flyers should be folded to fit in
- Flyers will NOT be stuffed if the above protocol is not followed.
- If flyers are stuffed, the organization associated with the flyers will assist in picking up any flyers
littering the building and campus in general. If littering becomes a major issue and/or individual
student reaction to increased mailbox stuffing is negative, this policy may be discontinued.
- No flyers will be stuffed that are in any way connected with the promotion of alcohol or a
business group where alcohol is sold.
- Only Mail Center personnel are allowed to stuff mailboxes.
All posted material must be consistent with the mission of the College and not be in violation of
College policy or civil law.