All Wartburg College students, faculty, and staff may display posters at the discretion of the Marketing and Communication Office. If posters are produced by Marketing and Communication, approval is implied. Student organizations must have events approved by Campus Programming before submitting posters to the Marketing and Communication Office.
Following is the sequence for having a poster approved and posted:
- All posters must include the organization sponsoring the activity as well as the date, time, and location of the activity. Posters also must include a point of contact, with an email and/or phone number (this can be included in smaller type). Posters without those items will not be approved for posting.
- Wartburg College prohibits advertising that promotes the sale or irresponsible use of alcohol (such as drink specials) and the sponsorship of alcoholic beverages. Events scheduled in a location and time where alcohol consumption is likely are subject to review and possible rejection.
- A single copy, either digital (PDF) or print must be approved before printing additional copies for posting. Additional charges for reprinting posters that do not receive prior approval are the responsibility of the submitting party.
- Posting in skywalks and academic and administrative buildings must be approved by Marketing and Communication. If a poster is approved by Marketing and Communication, it is also automatically approved for residence halls. Posters intended solely for residence halls must be approved by Student Life or residence hall directors.
- Each poster must be submitted with the name, email, and cell phone of the person requesting permission Allow two business days for approval. You will be contacted when the poster is approved.
- A maximum of 15 posters total will be allowed in academic buildings and 20 total in residence halls. Submitting parties are responsible for posting and removing their posters, once approved. Posters must be removed within two days of the event(s) publicized.
- Posters can go up no earlier than one month before the registration deadline or first event advertised. Posters without a date-specific event can be displayed for no more than one month at a time, and can be reposted after an additional month has passed. Some posters of general institutional importance may be granted exceptions or extension.
- Posters must not obstruct other posters. Posters placed over other posters will be removed and recycled. If there is not room on a board, please contact the Marketing and Communication Office.
- Posting is limited to specific designated areas detailed below.
- Posters CANNOT be placed on walls, windows, doors, seats, benches, ledges, or practice room boards. If found in these locations, they will be removed and recycled.
- Posting in restrooms is reserved for specific purposes and not generally available.
- Posting on department bulletin boards, building doors, and faculty offices is not allowed.
- Off-campus organizations may be eligible to post on specific community-designated boards with permission from the Marketing and Communication Office. No advertising for business promotion will be permitted.
- Reservations can be made to hang large posters or banners on Saemann Student Center stairways. Please make reservations with Jean Buckingham at email@example.com (ext. 8286).
The requesting party is responsible for posting on designated boards in skywalks and academic and administrative buildings. Click here to view map (PDF). The Student Life Office will post approved posters in residence halls.
Saemann Student Center
- NW Tower entrance (Wartburg bulletin board only)
- Outside of the Security Office
- North end of cafe
- Luther Hall to WBC (two locations)
- WBC to Saemann Student Center
- East entrance lobby (campus entrance)
- Global Admissions (by north second floor stairs)
- Humanities Lounge on third floor (north end of building)
- Second to third floor stairwell by Neumann Auditorium (south end of building)
Fine Arts Center
- First floor on ramp to McElroy Communication Arts Center
- Second floor lounge by practice rooms and skywalk to Vogel Library
- West stairwell between first and second floors
- Outside CAC office
Science Center (all are located on the first floor)
- First floor skywalk entrance
- Main first floor entrance
- Posters for residence halls must be approved by the Student Life Office. No more than 20 copies may be provided for posting.
All posted material must be consistent with the mission of the College and not be in violation of College policy or civil law.
Please note that student organizations that have applied for recognition, but have been denied, may not be eligible for the privileges of the posting policy. This depends upon the circumstances for which they were not recognized and is decided by the director of campus programming or designee.
College administration reserves the right to remove postings at any time or deny the posting of posters. Please note this document is subject to change.
NON-WARTBURG NOTICES AND POSTERS
The following locations may be used for Waverly and area posters and announcements. No business advertisements are permitted. Only one poster from the organization may be displayed on each board.
- NW Tower entrance to Saemann Student Center (community bulletin board only)
- SE Saemann Student Center entrance by Information Desk
- The W Welcome Desk area
OTHER PROMOTIONAL LOCATIONS AND PRACTICES
- Organizations can provide flyers for mailbox stuffing at a flat fee of $20.
- Organizations must have their flyer approved by the Marketing and Communication office prior to printing and posting.
- Organizations do not need to address each flyer, but flyers must be folded to fit in mailboxes.
- Requesting organizations must assist in picking up any flyers littering the building or campus.
- Wartburg College prohibits flyers that promote alcohol or a business group where alcohol is sold.
- Only Mail Center personnel are allowed to stuff mailboxes.
Posting In Other Areas
- Table tents: Contact the Dining Services Office (ext. 8303) to reserve up to 118 table tents in the Mensa, Den, Zesty Orange, and Konditorei. Table tents need to be 4”x8”.
- Display case reservations: Two cases are on the first level of Saemann Student Center. Contact the Event and Scheduling Coordinator (ext. 8286) to reserve a space.
- Display or registration tables: Contact the Event and Scheduling Coordinator (ext. 8286) to reserve a table on the lower level of Saemann Student Center.
- Posting flyers, leaflets, or other advertising materials on the windshields of vehicles in college parking lots is not permitted.
All posted material must be consistent with the mission of the College and not be in violation of college policy or civil law.