Orange Connection Program Timeline
Before your Orange Connection:
- Meet with a Pathways Peer to create/revise your resume prior to submitting the online application.
- Complete and submit the Orange Connection application online by November 10.
- Attend a large group interview session on either Sunday, November 16th (6-8pm) or Monday, November 17th (6-8pm). Both interview sessions will be held in the Chapel Commons
- Applicants will be notified of their status no later than Friday, November 14th.
Planning for your Orange Connection:
- Attend the following Orange Connection planning meetings and events (all meetings will be held in the Library Classrooms):
- Thursday, January 8, 2015, 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Topic: Resume Preparation, Resume Appointments (completed by January 30th), & Student Profiles
- February Bowling Event (TBD)
- Thursday, March 12, 2015, 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Topic: Last Minute Resume Preparation, Medical Forms, & Drivers’ Licenses
- Thursday, March 26, 2015, 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Topic: What to Pack, Tentative Schedule, Host Information, Contacting Hosts, & Mapping Routes
- Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Topic: Final Trip Preparations, Reflections, & Logistics
During your Orange Connection:
- Be prepared, professional, and courteous during your Orange Connection experiences. This program could lend itself to future career/internship opportunities.
- Expect to be asked about your interests, goals, and/or academic experiences. Utilize your 2-minute “elevator pitch.”
- Ask people you meet for their contact information and/or business card (follow-up with thank you notes).
- Offer to take on a small project or two and ask to be a part of various everyday tasks, assignments, and/or meetings.
After your Orange Connection:
- Submit any photos to email@example.com with a subject line titled either “Des Moines-OC” or “Chicago-OC”. These photos will be useful for marketing the program in the future. Photos taken during shadowing experiences are encouraged as well, if possible (be sure to ask permission of your professional host first before taking any photos).
- Personal and professional hosts make a very generous contribution of their time and resources for this program so you are expected to mail a hand-written thank-you note within one week of your experience.
- Complete an online evaluation of the Orange Connection experience so the program can continue to evolve and improve.
- Prior to departure, you will discuss ways in which you will reflect on your Orange Connection experience. Reflection can take many forms such as journaling, blogging, taking photos, and/or making a video, just to name a few options. Reflections will be determined during the planning meetings and may be shared with others in the Wartburg College community at some point in time.