Prior to Your "Orange Connection"
- Complete and return the “Orange Connection” application to Career Services by Oct. 29.
- Alternates also need to complete and return the form by the deadline to be placed in the alternate file should the opportunity become available at a later time.
- After applying, students are required to attend an interview session and if accepted, a meeting with Michael Gleason, and several orientation sessions prior to departure. Dates and times of these orientation sessions can be found on the application.
- We will provide you with the alumni sponsor's contact information, work with you to develop a focus project, and provide your travel itinerary.
After Your "Orange Connection"
- Submit all receipts for reimbursement.
- Submit any photos that will be useful for future marketing of the program. We recommend taking photos of people and settings that can be used for promoting the Orange Connection program.
- Alumni sponsors make a very generous contribution of their time for this program so you are expected to mail them a hand-written thank you note within one week of your experience.
- Complete an evaluation so the OC program can continue to evolve and improve.
- Write up a reflection about your experience. If your project includes something specific you helped do, design, or make (i.e. a brochure, agenda to meetings, presentations, etc.) you may choose to provide a copy of this product with a brief write-up of your reflections on how it helped explore your learning objectives. Your focus project will be available for review by Wartburg students, alumni, and future program participants. Your reflection can take many forms such as journals or blogging online.
When you return to campus
You will be asked to share your experience with others in the Wartburg College community.
The following are ways in which your participation will be valuable, desired, and expected:
Homecoming Weekend Alumni Events, Article Submissions for College Publications, Involvement Fair, Scholarship Days...
When participating in the above programs, you may be asked to talk about your experience in the program with alumni and other students. This could include a poster-board or PowerPoint presentation that informs their peers or event audiences of their “Orange Connection.”