Wartburg College history majors have pursued a wide array of vocations and graduate studies, such as….
- Secondary teachers and high school administrators in Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Texas, Wisconsin, Colorado
- Lawyers and county attorneys
- College professors and public historians
- Business professionals in real estate and advertising
- College Student Life staff/administrators
- College coaches
- College librarians at Wartburg College, Davidson College, Duquesne University
- Employees in the federal government
- Chief of Chaplains in the U.S. Navy
- President of the State Bank and Trust—Waverly
- Senior Research Analyst, Iowa House Republicans
- Chairman, Wartburg Board of Regents
- Dean of Faculty, Wartburg College
Graduate students in history, law, philosophy, architecture, museum studies, seminary studies, sociology, art history, student life and leadership, management, urban planning, library science, anthropology, the history of medicine, medicine, and Spanish literature at schools including the University of Iowa, Syracuse University, Vanderbilt University, Oxford University, Villanova University, University of Denver, Boston College, Marquette University, University of Kansas, University of Wisconsin, Iowa State University, Drake University, and Auburn University.
Careers for History Majors - The link, provided by the American Historical Association, demonstrates how a major in history can lead to countless careers.
Careers for Students of History - The AHA offers this online pamphlet “for those interested in continuing their studies further and entering the ranks of professional historians.”
Graduate and Professional School Preparation - A link to the Pathway Center’s Web portal page for information about preparing for graduate and professional school.
Law School Preparation - A link to Pathway Center’s Web site containing information “intended to answer some of the most common practical questions asked by students and alumni considering careers in law.”
Jobs in Public History - A searchable job and internship listing provided by the National Council on Public History.