- English Major
- engage in creative responses to human experience by exploring ideas, values, and artistic achievements in written, spoken, and visual media
- learn how to think critically, analyze all forms of communication, and solve problems through research
- Writing Major
- acquaint yourself with literary studies
- express yourself through creative writing courses and workshops
- receive a background in the philosophy of literature, mass media reporting, and technical writing
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Spanish Language Major - Like our Facebook Page
- Studies are shaped by international experiences designed to increase your language proficiency and immerse you in another culture
- In-depth study of another culture and living abroad for an extended period of time will give you insight into how other cultures view the world, as well as a better understanding of American culture
Cultural Studies Majors
- Modern Languages: French Studies
- Modern Languages: German Studies
Take part in a May Term experience, where students spend four weeks abroad, combining intensive language study with faculty-led excursions to sites of historical and cultural significance.
During May Term,Spanish majors and minors visit pre-Columbian sites and study in Cuernavaca, Mexico; French/French studies majors and minors travel to a language institute in Paris; German/German studies majors and minors visit several cities in Germany.
- As a junior, French, German, and Spanish majors will study abroad for a semester or a year.
- Many students choose to study at the University of Grenoble in France; the Universities of Bonn or Jena in Germany; and the University of the Americas in Puebla, Mexico, or the Center for Cross-Cultural Studies in Córdoba or Buenos Aires, Argentina, or Seville, Spain.