“Our faith is a living, busy, mighty, active thing.” – Martin Luther
If you agree with that quote then you’re in the right place. There are so many ways to put your faith into action as a Wartburg student. Some of those opportunities are directly sponsored by Spiritual Life and Campus Ministry while others are come through other offices.
To get involved with with any of these programs contact the SLCM office or use this link Get Involved
Spiritual Life and Campus Ministry Groups
Faith Expression Groups
Student led groups focused on a variety of different issues or causes and supported by Spiritual Life and Campus Ministry.
- Wartburg Embracing Bremwood Groups —Wednesday night, religious education with children and youth at Bremwood Lutheran Home in Waverly.
- Manna –– Work with networks of people across the country to alleviate hunger. Manna is committed to hunger awareness, education about the causes of hunger, and action that can make a difference at the local, national, and global level.
- Voices of Praise –– Gospel music shared on and off campus. Practice weekly.
- Kantorei –– Use your voice for God’s praise. All students welcome. Contact Dr. Karen Black,
director, for more information.
- Adopt-A-Grandparent –– visit elderly residents at Bartels on a regular, supportive basis
- Psalm 149 (Worship Dance) –– Express your faith through dance on campus and in congregations.
- Catholic Knights –– Gather with other Roman Catholic students for fellowship and learning.
Peer Helpers are trained to effectively and caringly walk through life’s joys and challenges with their peers. Some would call it a ‘pastoral care’ program. It’s goal is to help build a deeper, broader, and more supportive community.
Center for Community Engagement
The Center for Community Engagement is Wartburg’s “front door” to the community. If you want to get involved in putting your faith in action off campus this is the place to go.