“Our faith is a living, busy, mighty, active thing.” – Martin Luther
If you agree with that quote then you’re in the right place. There are so many ways to put your faith into action as a Wartburg student. Some of those opportunities are directly sponsored by Spiritual Life and Campus Ministry while others are come through other offices.
To get involved with with any of these programs contact the SLCM office or use this link Get Involved
Spiritual Life and Campus Ministry Groups
Faith Expression Groups
Faith Expression Groups are student led groups supported by the Spiritual Life and Campus Ministry office and the student Service and Leadership Team (SALT). The groups assist students to focus their faith as they share it through service to the world, education about faith traditions and issues of justice and advocacy, and personal expression through dance, music, and the growth of personal relationships.
- Wartburg Embracing Bremwood — weekly, religious education with children and youth at Bremwood Lutheran Home in Waverly.
- Manna –– Work with networks of people across the country to alleviate hunger. Manna is committed to hunger awareness, education about the causes of hunger, and action that can make a difference at the local, national, and global level.
- Kantorei –– Use your voice for God’s praise. All students welcome. Contact Dr. Nicki Toliver,
director, for more information.
- Adopt-A-Grandparent –– visit elderly residents at Bartels on a regular, supportive basis
- Psalm 149 (Worship Dance) –– Express your faith through dance on campus and in congregations.
- Catholic Knights –– Gather with other Roman Catholic students for fellowship and learning.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes –– Combine your love of sports and faith.
Peer Helpers is a ‘pastoral care’ style program whose aim it is to build deeper, broader, and more supportive community through the volunteer work of Wartburg students who are trained in communication, listening, and decision making skills. Students reach out formally and informally with these skills as they caringly accompany peers through life’s joys and challenges.
Center for Community Engagement
The Center for Community Engagement is Wartburg’s “front door” to the community. If you want to get involved in putting your faith in action off campus this is the place to go.