Hands-on experience, mentoring from seasoned professionals, and top-notch facilities prepare Wartburg communication arts majors for fast-changing fields that require excellent communication skills.
Our graduates work as writers, editors, reporters, production specialists, and public relations professionals. They’re involved in Web development, the entertainment industry, and a variety of related fields.
Award-Winning Student Organizations
- Wartburg Trumpet newspaper and Wartburg Television cover campus and local news and have won numerous awards.
- Wartburg Forensics, a competitive speech team, has won
numerous national and regional rankings
- The Public Relations Student Society of America Wartburg
chapter and Tower Agency student-run public relations firm provide hands-on experience and networking opportunities.
- The Circuit, an integrated online news site, has won national Pacemaker Awards for Excellence.
- Society of Collegiate Journalists and Lambda Pi Eta honor
society provide ways for students to excel in their field.
- The Wartburg Players theatre troupe has performed at the
Kennedy Center American Theatre Festival twice.
- KWAR radio station broadcasts online around the world and locally at 89.9 FM. The staion has won numerous awards for news and sports coverage.