As part of your education at Wartburg College, you will work through many of the ethical challenges now confronting the business world. You’ll be prepared to make and stand behind difficult decisions and gain hands-on experience sought by many employers.
You’ll also find career opportunities in today’s fast-paced business environment in fields like public or private accounting, finance, international business, government service, healthcare management, marketing, and nonprofit organizations.
- Accounting Checklist (PDF)
- Business Administration
- Business Administration Checklist (PDF).
- Economics Checklist (PDF)
- International Business
- Sport Management
Why study business at Wartburg?
Nearly all students graduate in four years.
- Students invest the dividends and interest from a portfolio that has earned as much as $1 million in assets through the Portfolio Management Course.
- Students participate with hands-on projects and work with real clients.
- Over 80 percent of the college's business administration and economics majors complete at least one internship or field experience before graduating.
- With over 50 courses, Wartburg offers a wider variety of business courses than many larger private colleges.
- 39 scholarships are available to business, accounting, and economics students beyond the Regents and Presidential awards.
- The department is the largest department at the college with over 300 majors.
- The Wartburg Phi Beta Lambda Chapter regularly wins state and national awards and has hosted the Iowa State Conference.
- The department’s partnerships with the Institute for Leadership Education allows students to develop their management skills.