Wartburg graduates find satisfying jobs and are admitted into top graduate and professional schools. Wartburg alumni can be found in all 50 U.S. states and over 70 foreign countries. Below is only a sample of the types of positions Wartburg graduates from the Biology Department have had in the past.
- Registered Nurse – Oncology, University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, Colo.
- Quality Regulation Lab Technician, General Mills, Cedar Rapids
- Graduate Student-Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Biological Science Technician, National Park Service, Yellowstone, Wy.
- Graduate Research Assistant/Assistant Researcher, Texas A&M, Temple, Tx.
- Outreach Associate, National Wildlife Federation, Washington, D.C.
- Science Teacher, Davenport Community School District, Davenport
Sample of Alumni Positions from the Past 10 Years:
- Registered Nurse, Stanford Cancer Center, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Optometrist, St. Paul Eye Clinic, St. Paul, Minn.
- Resident Physician, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Mo.
- Vascular Sonographer, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City
- Associate Director, Contact Creation, Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., Fairfield
- Assistant Scientist, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Biology Teacher, Council Bluffs Schools, Council Bluffs
- Chiropractor, Four Points Family Chiropractic, Austin, Texas
Sample Stand-out Alumni Positions:
- Associate and Vice Chair, Professor of Urology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Pheonix, Ariz.
- Cardiovascular Research Technician, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Chief Technical Officer and Founder, Tower Care Technologies, Wexford, Penn.