Veterans Information

Steps for using VA Educational Benefits

If you have any questions, please contact Sheree Covert, registrar and VA contact at Wartburg.

1) Apply to Wartburg College

To apply, go to our online application or fill out a paper application and send it to:

Wartburg College
Admissions Office
100 Wartburg Blvd.
Waverly, IA 50677

Click here to find out more about the requirements for admissions at Wartburg College.

2) Submit an application for VA Education Benefits

Go online to and select the APPLY FOR BENEFITS link to apply online.

If you don’t have online access, you can call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to have a form mailed to you.  If you choose to submit a paper application, you can submit the form to the Registrar at Wartburg or send it to:

VA Regional Office
P.O. Box 66830
St. Louis, MO 63166-6830

3) Submit the Certificate of Eligibility

It takes 6-10 weeks for the VA to determine your eligibility.  If you are eligible for benefits, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility that you then submit to the Registrar at Wartburg.  You can register for classes before submitting the Certificate of Eligibility.  However, your enrollment will not be certified until the Certificate of Eligibility is on-file with the Registrar.

4) Register for classes at Wartburg

Incoming students register on campus during SOAR days.  If you cannot attend one of the three SOAR days for incoming students or the SOAR day for transfer students, you need to contact your admissions representative to arrange another registration date.  Online registration is only available to current students.

5) Confirm submission of Enrollment Certification form

One month before the beginning of each academic year, the Registrar will send  the Enrollment Certification (form 22-1999) to the regional VA office if your Certificate of Eligibility is on-file.   Your legal/home/permanent address, as listed on MyWartburg, will be used as the Current Address of Student on the form.

6) Verify your attendance

The last day of each month call: 1-800-823-2378 or go online to  You are paid based on your attendance.  Therefore, if you receive payments, but do not attend class, the VA may place you in overpayment. 

Military Transcript Links
Military education and training should be evaluated for prior credit.  Information on how to request your military transcripts is available through the appropriate link below: