Hometown: Mitchell, South Dakota
High School: Mitchell Public High School
Educational Background: B.A., University of Northern Iowa, 2010 Major: History Education Minor: Coaching
Fun Facts About Me:
- My home town is Mitchell, South Dakota home of the Corn Palace. I am the middle child of 3, my older brother Justin is a chiropractor, and my younger brother Jordan is pursuing a career as a physician’s assistant.
- My wife Randi and I both graduated from the University of Northern Iowa (where we met), Randi is an elementary/middle school teacher, and we have a wonderful beagle named Scout.
- While attending the University of Northern Iowa I was a member of the wrestling team. I competed at the 157 pound weight class and was a 3 year starter for the panthers earning 2 trips to the NCAA Division I Championships. After graduating from UNI in 2010 I became an assistant wrestling coach here at Wartburg College helping the Knights to an NWCA Division III National Duals Title and an NCAA Division III National Title.
- I have called three different states home: South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa.
- I’m currently working on my M.A. in Education Administration and Leadership from St. Cloud State University in MN
Inspirational Quotes: The Wise and Foolish Builders Matthew 7: 24-27
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?”
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Hobbies/Interests: Playing sports or being competitive at anything including board games! Hunting, fishing, camping, canoeing, hiking, biking, basically anything that gets me outdoors and exploring nature.
What do you enjoy most about Wartburg: The atmosphere and countless opportunities here on campus. The people are great they truly do treat you like family, which is a major reason I became a Wartburg Night. Wartburg also has so many different opportunities for students to get involved and experience new things like studying abroad, student organizations, competing in athletics, or taking part in one of our 15 different music ensembles!