The Washington Center in Washington, D.C. is available for Wartburg students to gain experience in a real-world environment, where they learn more about their chosen field and develop specific knowledge and skills. Take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
How to Apply
- Completion of application (which needs to be approved by the Liaison
- Go toThe Washington Center website and click on Getting Started in the Prospective Students section for more details.
- Wartburg students can attend either in the Fall or Winter term, and the maximum is two students per year
- Open to 3rd & 4th year students only
Contact Jo Dorrance for more information.
Students live in an apartment with other interns near Capitol Hill. Each apartment is fully furnished, and is in a secured building. Resident assistants, assigned to each building, are available should you need assistance.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from Washington, D.C. All facilities are conveniently located near public transportation.
Students participate in the following courses:
- Internship (1 or 2 credits)
- Academic course that fulfills a major requirement (1 credit)
- Arranged study with a faculty sponsor (1 credit)
Washington Center Internships help you:
- Discover the diversity of occupational choices available
- Earn academic credit
- Develop specific knowledge and skills
- Apply the academic classroom knowledge in a real-world work setting
- Define future career path decisions
- Meet and learn from top professionals
- Live independently in apartments
- Establish a circle of friends and contacts
- Become a part of The Washington Center alumni mentor network
A variety of internship programs that meet your interests, including government, business, nonprofit, and international organizations
Turn academic theory into practice, and take a step into launching your future career
Work with a professional program advisor
More than 1,000 placement opportunities