Wartburg Honor Code
Oath of Honor:
As students we swear to uphold the honor of Wartburg College fully acknowledging that our actions, in all places, directly reflect upon this institution and our fellow Knights. Following the pillars of faith, leadership, service and learning, we solemnly pledge, on our honor, to adhere to the virtues of these, our guiding principles, in all endeavors.
What is the Wartburg College
The Honor Code is a statement of academic responsibilities that Wartburg College students agree to support. The revised Wartburg College Honor Code was written in 2003 by the Honor Council and approved by the Student Senate to embody the values of integrity and trust that are fundamental to Wartburg College.
Why do we need an honor code
The Honor Code reinforces the academic conduct rules present in the Student Handbook. The Honor Code is in place to serve as a constant reminder of the academic expectations of students. It is also to remind students of the code that they agreed to follow when they signed the Honor Book.
How will the honor code be
The Honor Code is implemented by a group of nine students, the Honor Council. If a faculty member has a concern about cheating in their class, they may give the case over to the Honor Council. The council will then make a recommendation as to whether or not they feel that the individual is guilty of cheating. If this conclusion is reached, the Honor Council will pass along their recommendation to the professor. The professor can then choose to take their own course of action or they can take the council’s recommendation of failure.
“By attending Wartburg College, students are demonstrating their dedication to the Honor Code. The Honor Code reminds students of their responsibilities to promote academic honesty by opposing cheating and plagiarism and reporting dishonest work.”
Honor Code Facts:
- The Wartburg College Honor Code was written in 1996 by the Student Senate Academic Policies Committee.
- Faculty supports the honor code by reminding students of their responsibilities to the Honor Code before tests and quizzes.
- Wartburg College students sign the Honor Book during their first year.
- The Honor Book with all of the signatures is on display at Vogel Library.
- The Honor Code is implemented by the Honor Council
- The Honor Council is composed of students from each class who meet to discuss policies and promote the Honor Code.
Questions for Honor Council? Email email@example.com