Group fitness classes at the Wartburg-Waverly Sports & Wellness Center are open to the community as well as to members of The W.
“Taking a group fitness class is a great way to get acquainted with The W and get in shape at the same time,” said fitness director Nikki Hudnutt.
Individuals can join group fitness classes at any time during the month until classes are filled. One group fitness class for non-members costs $17 per month or $60 for four months.
Hudnutt recommends the following group fitness classes, which are designed for all fitness levels:
• Body Toning meets Monday/Wednesday from 12:05 to 12:45 p.m., providing a great way to get a workout during the lunch hour.
• Cardio Mix meets Saturday from 7:15 to 8:05 a.m., offering a “jump start” to the weekend.
• Cycling meets Monday/Wednesday from 5:45 to 6:35 a.m., designed for weight loss and increased cardiovascular endurance.
• Pilates meets Tuesday/Thursday from 8 to 8:50 a.m., focusing on developing a long, lean body.
• Power Yoga meets Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 10 to 10:30 a.m., offering a great mid-morning stretch to rejuvenate the day.
A complete list of group fitness classes is available on The W website at www.the-w.org/fitness.aspx